A few weeks ago, there was a fall. I'm not even sure how it happened, now. That's the state of my brain as we head into summer. Am I supposed to bring plates to the preschool last day of school party? I'm not even sure. I think so. Here's hoping!
Anyway, there was a fall.
And our girl's lip looked like this :
We've never had to go the ER with this girl (she's no daredevil, I'm I right?) so this was worth noting. Ah, yes. Now I remember. It involved our dog (who was strapped to the stroller), a stranger (who approached the stroller) and the two kids (not in the stroller). At which point, the entire stroller fell on top of the kids when the dog protectively ran to protect us, yanking the stroller -- a double Bob mind you, behind him. And she slammed her little face into the pavement. Ker-boom.
But all was well by the next day... back in the tiny pool (before her birthday when they got a new, bigger one, which as you can see, was perfect timing, seeing the way they've filled this one out)...
And by the next day, at our final bible study for the year, there was actual hand holding without prompting. I almost fainted. Dead away. It was pretty sweet. And no one smacked anyone else afterward. Miraculous.
And the rest of the week was filled with even more hand-holding. I'm not sure what happened. Or who was initiating this, but I loved it. I cherished it.
I cherished it for the obvious reasons but also because there are plenty of days when it just seems like they either exist next to each other, with zero feeling toward each other. Or, worse, with plenty of hollering and selfish "me" talk. And this makes me so weary.
"Love each other! You're all you've got!"I want to say, most days. So, this was worth cherishing.
And since then, Fordy has been pretty sister-crazy. From the back seat I'll hear, "Hi Abby. Hiiiiiiiii Aaaaaaabby!" If she's holding a "baby" in the car (the usual), he's gotta have something too. Of course, the usual hitting, arguing and general grumpiness still occurs between them but he's taken a turn. One minute his own boy, doing his own thing and the next....Abby's biggest fan.
I hope it never ends.
922. workout goals
923. the flights working out
924. honesty being the best policy. even when no one notices
925. hand holding and sweetness




2 comments:
Oh, these pictures say it all....
Nothing warms a Mom's heart
then to have her children love
each other... I remember those
sweet day with you and Kevin..
What wonderful gifts God gives!
xoxoxo little grams
The last picture is priceless
The are both so darling
It does a heart good to see
Happiness and Life skip by effortlessly
Love+ Family = Life
All Free Gifts
Much Happiness
Hugs & love to all
Grandmama
Post a Comment