Why dad is the fun parent :
forts
farting noises
telling 'scary' people on kids shows "you can't scare me!"
dancing during work hours
estate sales where abby always gets something
laughing during the hours of 5-7:30pm
saying "guess what?" followed by "I love you" every. single. day.
saying "poop" outside the walls of the bathroom
pizza for breakfast
"nah, we don't have to comb your hair"
being loud- especially at dinner
forts
farting noises
telling 'scary' people on kids shows "you can't scare me!"
dancing during work hours
estate sales where abby always gets something
laughing during the hours of 5-7:30pm
saying "guess what?" followed by "I love you" every. single. day.
saying "poop" outside the walls of the bathroom
pizza for breakfast
"nah, we don't have to comb your hair"
being loud- especially at dinner
These two have been partners in crime lately. Dad has always been the fun parent but now more than ever, she's becoming a daddy's girl. And I absolutely love it.
Sometimes you gotta learn how to wing it. Especially on April 10th when it's tax time. Our babysitting fell through for our tax appointment and so, there we were, all four of us. I knew we'd be okay as long as Ford's binkie and the Kindle were in tow. This lasted for about 15 minutes.
Then it was off to race around on the bike trail behind the office. Which lasted another 15 minutes.
And this lasted for about 3 minutes.
And after that, we were all just hungry and tired. So as soon as Daddy finished, we splurged on dumplings for dinner. Nothing tastes better than dinner after a tax appointment. At least that's what we say every single year. It wasn't Houston's with a cocktail (as it was pre-kids) but no one threw milk on the floor and no one barfed at the table. Success!
I'll take these two over a cocktail any day.
And while dad is the fun parent, I am constantly amazed at how much weight his word carries around here. He plays hard and tows a tough line. I'm more moderate in every way and I envy his fun and discipline with them. He teaches me, almost every day, most importantly, to laugh. At them, at myself, at whatever it is that has me upset. I cherish it.
893. the right black pen
894. feeling the school year closing in
895. contemplating the bucket list for summer
896. anticipating a family vacation
897. a reminder from God


1 comment:
What a beautiful message...
xoxo little grams
Post a Comment