Many times throughout the summer I've heard "I'm NOT going to school!" and every time I've let it slide without even trying to talk her into it. I knew when the time came, what would be would be and there was no use wasting precious time (in which I could be cleaning someones dirty feet from playing outside after ONLY wearing crocs) doing THAT.
One thing that was exciting was getting a new backpack. I tried to build this up every time we went to Target. "Let's just look and see....and then when August rolls around we'll buy one." Finally, August did in fact roll around, and voila. The perfect, small, cloth Dora backpack was waiting for us. She couldn't be happier about it.
And just then, it was time to do a "preschool test" -- where the kids go and play and see the new rooms and check it out. Abby is slowly dropping her nap. She still has "rest" time in the afternoons but now she averages about 2 naps a week. Of course, the first two days we were supposed to go to the school it was not only during nap time (for them both) but she took monster naps both days. And so, the third and fourth days we rallied and headed over. Abby loved playing with the doctor kit, the babies and the fake food in the fridge. She didn't really care about the other kids and would suspiciously look at them if they moved faster then a crawl on the play structure. She seems to be more and more into the girls and not into the boys. "Those boys are crazy" she'd say. Indeed, they were. But I fear for her a bit...she's gonna get tossed off that structure if she doesn't try and keep up. She's pretty tough...but pretty sensitive.
Here are she and Ford at her school...
And sure enough after day two, Abby got a fever and the following 2 weeks of nasal hell started for us all. Two full weeks for Ford. A solid week and a half for Abby and Grant and I fighting it off the entire time. Fever? In the summer? In August? And colds? It was strange. Needless to say, I am not very excited about how sick I expect all of us to get this year.
There was some band-aid party time during that homebound week...
And a few shows on the Kindle in desperate moments...
and worst of all, two missed swim lessons. More on that to come...
690. imessage for the whole family
691. not getting sicker than we were
692. cleaning out those humidifiers
693. world mag on my kindle
694. ebooks from the library on the kindle for free



2 comments:
Oh, that first picture of Abby is too precious... I hope those fears about sickness don't come true...!!! What a great time for her...
xoxo little grams
She looks ready for school!
The first picture is so pretty
The last one is so sweet of them both
I love the way FORD is loooking over
Just too cute of them both!
Hugs Grandma
Post a Comment