This week, I'm starting to get a little sad about our move. I am sure that the good Lord, is letting me deal with things just a little at a time otherwise, I would surely fall apart. So, this week, I'm feeling the loss of the people we are going to miss so much. It's a part of the process. I know this. But this week, it became real.
So, when I look back on these pictures from weeks ago, I am so thankful that we have this memory.
A treasure already.
Just like last year, we took a much needed day at the beach with one of our favorite families. Because our little fish loves the water so much, we actually decided to stay away from the water (since he's still not water safe!) and play in the grainy-ness of it all.
It was so perfect.
Sand, lots of non-sandy water and lunch.
Is there a better day?
I assume he's wondering where the water is, right about here... (behind you!)
And we will take whatever opportunity we can to get as close to Luke as we can, learning from him and his big smile every single time. And, Miss. Hillary has some pretty special things to share, as well.
Sand angels...
And after we were all nice and sandy, we walked about 20 feet to the splash pad. It. Was. Amazing. Just enough water for the kids to have so much fun and just enough sun to warm up afterwards.
No one was afraid, there were no terrifying waves to whisk anyone away.
Lovely, I tell you. Just lovely.
And this was after we ate our lunch under those orange umbrellas over there. See them? Yes. Just steps away from the beach and splash pad. We had the place almost to ourselves.
Fordy trying to make Luke laugh with water antics...
Who me? Unlike his sister, obeying mommy and keeping his hat on...
And the beautiful "Mommy, I think I'm ready for a nap" look. Ah, how I adore this look.
And while Abby adores Katie, I think we all fall in love with her just a little bit more every time we see her. Those glasses? I mean... come on.
Is this not pure luxury for a two year old? Playing ball next to the sand.
The gang minus Ford (who, being in that "i want a nap!" phase was in no mood for pictures). Adorable Danny, super happy Katie, joyful Luke and jumpy Abby. So blessed that these kids know each other.
A tradition I hope to continue even when we move up north.
Keeping the good stuff alive. We gotta do it!
992. bumpers as packing supplies
993. free boxes
994. getting somewhere with discipline with abby
995. encouragement that it's for the best







1 comment:
Friends are a Blessing
Knowing both families
Means you Bless each others life
Time together is precious
Looks like everyone had a wonderful time
Great picture's
Thanks for sharing
Love & Hugs
Grandmama
Post a Comment